Tips to Sell Your House Without The Help Of A Realtor
The real estate business is speeding fast and every house owner who wishes to sell their property wants a fair price for it. One of the best ways to do is cutting out the money that you will have to pay to the middleman that is the real estate agent or the realtor. You save about 5 to 6 percent of the commission cost for selling your property. If you are determined on selling the property all on your own there are some things that you need to keep in mind.
How to Do It?
You need to know how to sell a house without a real estate agent. The steps are not that simple and you need to be more careful during the whole process.
- First and foremost, you require to do is price your property competitively. You need to do a background research on the current market rates and then make a proper comparison of them with your property. This way, you will decide a fair property price.
- When an agent is not around, you need to hire the service of “for sale by owner” company who will help you get the best value for the money.
- These companies will then list you down on the real estate portal that will help you in the marketing of your property. You will have to spend some money for the advertisement of your house, but it will cost a lot lesser than an agent’s commission.
- Another way to advertise the sale of your property is by holding an open house. You can post signs in your neighborhood and on the real estate websites where your property is listed down.
- When you are preparing an advertising brochure for the sale of your property, make sure that you mention every basic information about your property including price, a number of bathrooms, bedrooms, location, size and other special details.
- Once you have started promoting your house, you also need to prepare for the open house event and house showings. Have your house cleaned and maintained so that if any buyer comes, they don’t go disappointed.
- When the buyers come in to see your property be honest with them. Also, try to have a friendly conversation with them and record their necessary details if later you need to follow up.
- You must be aware of the real estate laws of your local government and follow them up. Selling a property will obviously require some legal procedures that you need to follow up all on your own when there is no agent.
Hiring an estate agent or realtor will save you a lot of money, but the real cost that you have to put in is your time and energy. Selling a property is not a simple task. However, if you follow the right ways and know how to sell a house without a real estate agent, you will save a lot from your pocket, which can be spent on other important things.