Parquetry Flooring Brings You Beautiful and Durable Flooring
Parquetry floors are gradually gaining a lot of importance in different parts of the world. The main idea behind this kind of flooring is that this is long lasting and durable nature. This also has a lot of decorative effects. The mosaic of wood pieces is presented in different geometric designs that contribute to the décor of your house.
History of parquetry flooring:
Going back to the early days, the concept of parquetry flooring was mainly derived from the French people. It comes from the word ‘parchet’ referring to a small space that is enclosed. In the late 17th century, a lot of marble flooring in Versailles was replaced by parquetry flooring and that paved the way for development of this kind of flooring.
Types of parquetry flooring:
There are two broad types in this kind of flooring:
- Multilayer wood: In this case, there are two or three layers that are placed together for the flooring.
- Solid wood: This includes only one layer of wood obtained from the tree and then processed to get the proper flooring.
Why use parquetry flooring?
Parquetry flooring is a rather common concept now. More and more people are taking up this idea and they are home décor. It adds a certain appeal to the room. This type of flooring has the perfect mix of traditional designs with modern ideas. There are reasons why you should also opt for parquetry flooring. Let us look at it in information:
- This is a hardwood flooring which is solid in structure. It will last for years without hassles. The sturdy build allows the flooring to resist mechanical damage.
- Installation of parquetry flooring is as easy as it gets. There is no necessity of nails or hammer. The whole installation is done in a glue-down process. You can get this done as easily as tile.
- Parquetry flooring is not very hard. It is thinner than the other engineered floorings. This is a lot more relaxed.
- Parquetry flooring makes your room or house look good. The whole concept is actually based on the various geometrical designs in mosaic. The lively designs can give your room a nice structure with 3D like appearance.
How to clean and maintain your parquetry flooring?
To keep your floors clean, you will need 4 essential components.
- A vacuum cleaner
- A broom
- A sponge mop
- Parquet floor cleaner
Here are some steps to clean the floors:
- The first step includes using the vacuum cleaner on the floor. Make sure that the machine is set to hardwood cleaning. This will get rid of majority of the dirt and dust.
- Next step is to broom. This is required to remove the smaller pieces of dust or dirt. These are the particles that have a tendency to leave behind scratches and marks on the floor.
- Then there is a need to mop. This will be required to get rid of dust completely. The secret here is using as less water as possible for the mopping process. This is because wood and water don’t go well together.
- The parquetry floor cleaner will come in handy only when the floor is very soiled. Use this only in extreme cases. But if you clean on a regular basis, this will not be of much use. You could use it occasionally to keep the floors fresh.
Parquetry flooring has a number of benefits at home and in office buildings. With attractive designs and durability, it is a great option for flooring. Visit through this link and get best ideas on making your flooring more beautiful and durable with parquetry flooring.