Increase Security and Energy Efficiency with Double-Glazed Windows
Energy efficiency – we turn off the lights when we leave the house, we unplug unused appliances, we ensure that our heat/cool settings are minimal when we are not around; why, then, are our energy bills still so high? You might feel as though you are doing everything that you can to minimise your utility costs but they just don’t seem to budge. If this is you, it may be time to think about making some changes to the energy efficiency of your home.
Double-glazed windows are a type of insulated glass unit in an individual window system. Most of these systems hold two glass panes (double glazed) or three glass panes (triple glazed). A spacer and a layer of gas or air separate the glass in each unit before it is fitted into the window frame.
Double-glazed windows are considered Australia’s ideal energy efficiency choice with the added benefit of noise minimisation. The gap between the panes acts as a layer of insulation. The thermal resistance prevents heat from escaping during the winter, keeping your home at a more comfortable and consistent temperature. The effect is appreciated during the summer as the panes work to prevent unwanted outside heat from entering the home.
This sharply reduces the amount of reliance that your household has on air conditioners and artificial heaters, ultimately reducing your energy costs. On average, a household experiences a 37% reduction in heating and cooling costs through the installation of energy-efficient windows and doors.
What double-glazed windows mean for you:
- Energy Savings: Energy proofing your home means lower utility bills and more money for the things that matter most to you.
- Noise Reduction: The ability to cut down outside noise by 70% means that you can have a more peaceful lifestyle.
- Temperature Control: No matter what the temperature is outside, you always stay comfortable and content inside.
- Low Maintenance: Spend less time worrying about draughts or loss of energy and more time on the things that matter most to you.
- Star Energy Rating: Windows such as Ultimate double-glazed windows can help you obtain the desired six or more star energy rating. Not only does this make you energy efficient but it improves the value of your home.
The Right Choice for Your Family
Not only are double-glazed windows energy efficient and noise cancelling but they are also considered safer than their standard single-paned counterparts. Because double-glazed windows have two panes of glass, they are more difficult to break if an intruder should try to enter. This means greater security for you and your family.