Choose a Cabinet Door Style That Will Work for Your Kitchen’s Décor and Budget
The door styles of your kitchen cabinets can be one of the most important factors in your kitchen’s new design. Not only are cabinet doors one of the most visible elements in a kitchen, but they are also one of the most expensive items as well. If you think that your kitchen appliances are the costliest things you have in your kitchen, then you are wrong. The cabinet doors are also expensive. Since the cabinets of your kitchen are the centerpiece of your space, make sure you choose the one that is stylish. The style that you would choose for your cabinet doors would definitely reflect your personality. Therefore, before you pick a kitchen cabinet door style, you need to know what your overall personal style is. Then choose the cabinet door style wisely.
Before purchasing cabinet doors, make sure you have some idea about various types of cabinet door styles. To help you out here is a complete guide that will help you choose your cabinet door style. Take a look at the below-mentioned cabinet door styles, and see which will work for your kitchen’s décor and budget.
Different styles of kitchen cabinet doors:
- Shaker style is an “evergreen” style: The Shaker-style cabinet doors are the most common yet an evergreen cabinet door style. This is a five-piece flat-panel style that has a frame made of four pieces, and a single flat center panel for the fifth piece. This type of cabinet door style has derived its name from the distinctive and famous ‘Shaker furniture style’. These cabinet doors are usually designed using simple and clean lines and emphasize These types of cabinet doors look really good with white kitchen cabinets and make the kitchen look simple and sober. They are not very expensive as well.
- Distressed style cabinet doors are antique: Have you been dreaming about having an antique-style kitchen? Then you can surely choose distressed-looking cabinets. You’ll get these antique, distressed cabinet doors available from almost every cabinet door manufacturers. To make the cabinet doors look distressed, what the manufacturers do is rub off the corners to give it a distressed, age-old feeling. These doors are quite affordable.
- Inset cabinet doors are expensive but worth it: Inset styled cabinet doors tend to be one of the most expensive ones in the market, mainly because of its classic look that lasts for generations. This type of cabinet door is called ‘inset’ because it is set inside the cabinet frame, unlike those typical cabinet doors that rest on the outside of the frame. These inset doors are designed with extremely precise measurements so that it totally nests inside the frame, and opens and closes properly even when the wood expands or even contracts.
- Flat style cabinet doors are simple but stylish: If you want to add a door to your cabinet that is inexpensive and stylish at the same time, then ask your interior designer to add flat style cabinet doors. These flat-panel cabinet doors are void of any expensive details, but they look extremely stylish and classy. The hard lines and minimalist form of these cabinet doors make it a great fit for modern and contemporary kitchen interiors. You would easily get these types of cabinet doors from a kitchen cabinet wholesaler.
- Beadboard cabinet doors are totally cottage styled doors: If you are in love with the overall concept of cottage style, then ask your kitchen designer to add beadboard cabinet doors. The center panels of these cabinet doors are made to look completely like a traditional beadboard paneling. Since these doors are exotic, they are expensive too.
Have these different styles of cabinet doors impressed you? If yes, then choose any one of these styles and ask your interior or kitchen designer to fit them in your pristine kitchen.