5 Tips for Comparing Removal Companies
Relocating is a stressful experience at the best of times and finding the right removal company is never an easy task. All of your family’s possessions are to be entrusted to a group of people you have never met, and this alone can raise the anxiety levels, so if moving home is on the cards in the near future, here are some helpful tips to help you source the best removal company.
- The Internet – This powerful tool can help us in many ways, especially if you want to compare removal companies, and if you happen to be in the UK, check out www.buzzmove.com, and with a few simple clicks, you can have several quotes from reputable removers. This website is dedicated to providing the homeowner with several competitive quotes from the best companies, and you can arrange the whole thing from the comfort of your armchair.
- Personal Recommendations – If you know someone who has recently moved, ask them how the experience was, and whether they would recommend the removal company. Regardless of the answer, find out about the cost, then you have something to compare with when you start your online search. Talk to your friends and you are bound to encounter someone who has recently moved house, and if they happen to live nearby, you might be in luck.
- Ask Questions – You might receive several quotes, all very similar, and by going into a little more detail, you might find that one company seems more focused on making you feel comfortable, and that can make all the difference when it comes to moving day. You might want the remover to handle all the packing, or alternatively, have them do everything, and most companies are very flexible. If you have any specific requests, don’t be afraid to mention this, as most companies are only too happy to provide an extra service.
- Ask for Testimonials – Any reputable removal company would be happy to provide you with a list of customers they have serviced in the past, and by talking to a few people who have already experienced their services, you can get a good idea about how the company operates. Some companies would have many testimonials on their website and this gives you a sense of security, knowing that many people are satisfied with the service.
- Request a Home Visit – This is ideal, as the remover can see first-hand what he has to move, and by looking at the two properties, he will know what extra equipment to carry on board. A removal company will usually provide all the packaging materials, and they will have a large supply of protective blankets and labels. If you require temporary storage, this would be another service they might offer, and with reduced rates, you can save some money.
If you find the right removal company, moving house is a stress-free experience, and by using a website that specialises in comparing removal quotes, you will be sure to get the best price.