5 Tiny House Design Tips
You all have a dream home. Living in a tiny house in Sydney, Australia, doesn’t have to put a stop to that dream. There are many projects you can do to make your space livable and special. Take on a DIY project or change up the furniture arrangements. To help with this home transformation, you can employ the services of professional interior designers such as those found on Houzz.
- Tip #1 Use every available space for storage
- Residential house designers Sydney would tell you to use wall and surface space for storage. Put shelves or cabinets there. You can even have hidden ones or shelves built into existing structures, like a stairway.
- Tip #2 Turn loft and attic space into a bedroom
- If you’re looking to expand, house designers would tell you that the best way is simply to convert what you already have, and add a touch of personalization to your house. This could free up room elsewhere in your house by becoming your own bedroom.
- Tip #3 Paint the walls white or use wood paneling
- Residential designers would suggest painting the walls a light color. This will help expand the room, making it look roomier than it actually is. And since you have less of a room to fill, you can save money on the project.
- Tip #4 Place your lights efficiently
- Instead of having bulky lamps, overhead lights using energy efficient LEDs can provide all the light you need. Consider also placing windows to channel sunlight at the right time of day. Doing so can also save on energy costs due to sunlight working as a heat source.
- Tip #5 Don’t buy large furniture
- Residential designers are quite experienced in helping you pick out furniture. A loveseat would more than suffice for sitting on. You don’t need a couch with five cushions, for instance. And this principle applies to chairs and tables as well.
And to summarize, residential designers can help make a tiny house into your dream home. These professionals will help you in choosing furniture, room layout, and interior decorating. All this means that even a tiny house can make you feel like you are living in a mansion.
- And here’s a bonus tip:
- Use recycled products for your decorating. Not only is it a fun DIY project, but it can also save you money.