How to Clean Sliding Shower Door Tracks
Among the many places in your house whose cleanliness you have to maintain is the shower. Once your shower is very clean, you will have no problems with the sanitation or whatsoever.
Within your shower, one of the very important places which many people tend to neglect cleaning is the shower door tracks. These tracks can be stuffed up in some dirty substances and even soap scum, making your house sanitation poor. These staff and even others like mineral will build up in the door tracks and result in difficulty in opening or closing the door. This, therefore, suggests that the cleaning of the door tracks should be frequent.
There are two ways to clean your sliding door tracks. They include:
- The use of vinegar;
- The use of a steamer.
Cleaning Using Vinegar
During cleaning, vinegar is commonly used to remove hard water stains and soap scum from the door tracks. Moreover, you will need this equipment for cleaning after sliding door repair Fort Lauderdale:
- Cotton balls;
- A Microfiber cloth;
- Distilled water in a spray bottle;
- A brush ( either an old toothbrush or a grout brush.)
The following procedures are involved:
- Use cotton balls to apply vinegar into the door tracks. Do this with the intention of making the tracks wet and not flooding them. Necessary precaution must be taken to ensure the vinegar does not get into contact with your floor, most especially when it is a tile or stone floor. Vinegar damages such walls, and failure to be careful during the process may cost you dearly.
- Leave the vinegar on the track and let it sit for around 3 to 5 minutes.
- Use a brush to scrub the soap scum and hard water stains in the tracks.
- Mist the tracks using water so that the remaining residue and vinegar is removed completely.
- Using a microfiber cloth, wipe the cleaned area to dryness.
Depending on how often you clean your shower door tracks, you can repeat this process over and over again to ensure proper cleaning.
b) Cleaning Using a Steamer
A canister steamer also does a great job when it comes to cleaning the sliding door tracks. All you need for the process are:
- A steamer( it should have a wand attachment;)
- A plastic putty knife or spatula;
- A microfiber cloth.
If you buy sunrooms in Minnesota, follow the following procedure to carry out the cleaning.
- Check the instructions on the steamer on how to clean the door tracks.
- Loosen the stain and goop that have accumulated on the door tracks using the wand.
- Wrap the microfiber cloth on the plastic spatula or puffy knife and use the tool to clean the scum and other buildups in the edges in the tracks that can not be easily reached.
- Use a fresh microfiber cloth to wipe the remaining uncleaned parts and to remove the residue.
- Repeat this process as many times as possible o ensure that the tracks are perfectly cleaned and that no stains or buildup are left behind.