A Few Tips for a Greener and Healthier Home
- According to several climate studies, in the last two decades, the temperature has been the hottest than ever before.
- The Arctic ice is rapidly melting and by 2040, all the ice will vanish!
- As per the 2007 reports from the IPCC, due to the increasing global warming, sea levels will rise by at least 7-23 inches by the end of this century.
Phew! These were some of the facts which I was reading on the web the other day and I was alarmed! I instantly became worried about my children. I still am! And somewhere or the other, we are the ones who are spoiling their future. Don’t you agree? We all know how important it is to save the environment we live in. But how many of us actually care?
Now, you people might be thinking what exactly we can do to save the environment! I mean, after all, we are just normal human beings, isn’t it? But, did you know that we still have the power of doing our bit? Yes, it’s true! We can, at least, make the space we live in a greener and a better one. And this space is nothing else but our homes.
Create a Healthy and Green Home
- Save Energy: How many of you remember to switch off the lights and fans before leaving your home? It’s time to become a bit cautious and unplug the electronic devices when they are not in use. Also, make use of CFL and LED bulbs. These are energy saving and also last long.
- Let the Sunlight Come in: One of the best ways to create a healthy and greener home is to open the blinds and curtains and let the sunlight in. This is the best and the most natural way of brightening your home. Hence, there will be no need to put the lights on during the day.
- Stop Leakages: Repair, replace, insulate, plug, seal or do anything to make your home as much leak-proof as possible. The best part about this is you will be surprised to see your utility bills go down.
- Keep Plants Indoors: This can be an awesome home decor idea which will make your home healthier. Live plants actually work as natural air purifiers and there are even some plants available which absorb harmful pollutants which get emitted from the furniture, carpets, rugs and electronic equipment.
When a person can actually follow these above mentioned tips, he/she can boast of doing his/her part for the environment and I have already started doing this. Last month my family and I shifted to Sonarpur in our new flat. And the best part about our flat is that it is located amongst ample greeneries. However, it doesn’t matter whether you buy flats in Sonarpur, Rajarhat or Ballygunge, it is important to keep at least the inside of your home sweet home healthy. Don’t you agree?