Conducting an Asbestos Survey: A Crucial Responsibility
In order to truly understand the importance of contemporary asbestos surveys, we have to take a closer look at the prominence of this dangerous mineral in today’s landscape:
- Asbestos continues to be a mainstay in some industries. As recently as seven years ago, Russia and China mined over two million tonnes for use in manufacturing and construction.
- Although 80% of mesothelioma diagnoses occur in males, female deaths stemming from mesothelioma have increased by 65% since 2008.
- Throughout the world, a new asbestos-related death is reported once every five hours.
- If we don’t address our nation’s asbestos issue, it is estimated that more than 100,000 people in the UK will die from asbestos-induced conditions by the year 2050.
As such, the onus is on you to ensure your building is safe, secure, and free from asbestos deposits, especially if you’d like to avoid backbreaking lawsuits and adverse health effects.
How Can I Find a Reputable Expert in My Area?
If you find yourself in need of emergency asbestos removal services in Bromley, for instance, you have to partner with a renowned organisation that specialises in advanced waste management. In this regard, your company of choice should be able to facilitate comprehensive surveys, top-to-bottom asbestos removals, and environmentally friendly disposal practices.
What Can I Expect During My Appointment?
Your team of professionals will utilise a wide range of specialised tools to conduct the following tasks:
- Collect samples from your gutters, roofing materials, floor tiles, ceilings, walls, water tanks, pipes, and any other areas that might be harbouring asbestos.
- Establish temporary quarantine zones to ensure safety.
- Facilitate a targeted removal and clearance process based on municipal regulations and environmental guidelines.
Your local asbestos experts will be able to re-establish a safe, secure environment without forcing you to struggle with any lengthy slowdowns, vacancies, or lost revenues, so be sure to schedule a survey as soon as possible.