Is Commercial Bug Spray Safe For Newborn Babies?

The largest concern for new parents is the safety of their children. If you are considering having your home sprayed with pesticide, it is important to know that these chemicals are much more dangerous to your children than they to adults. An infant has more skin per pound than an adult, so even a small amount of exposure can cause serious health problems. The good news is that once the pesticides are dry and your home is properly aired out, there are very little risks. Vermin can often pose much more severe health risks to humans than the low dosage pesticides used to exterminate them. If your home is infested, click this linkto learn about your free home inspection. To understand if how commercial bug spray affects newborns you must first understand what is in the spray, how it affects newborns, and the proper precautions to take after your home has been sprayed.

Certain pesticides pose a greater health risk than others. This is why it’s important to know what chemicals are being used in your home. If you are having your home commercially sprayed, they may use repellents and insecticides. Both of these products are categorized as pesticides. Most repellants include DEET which works to block insects sense of smell and essentially makes us invisible to them. The most common form of pesticide is called pyrethrins, which is naturally produced by the chrysanthemum flower. These chemicals are absorbed by the insect through a cuticle and then attack the nervous system, which ultimately results in the insect’s death.

There are over 200 million insects in the world for every one human, so it is very likely that you will need to have your home sprayed with pesticide at some point. If you have small children in your home their sensitive bodies can react negatively to exposure to harmful chemicals. Newborn infants that are exposed to pesticides can develop kidney and liver problems due to their small bodies not being able to expel the toxins quickly enough. Children are often at a greater risk of exposure because they crawl around near baseboards and low hanging surfaces, which is exactly where the pesticides are typically sprayed.

Having your home sprayed with pesticide is a very common practice and it would be inconceivable to have families leave their home for multiple days just to spray for insects. Scientists have created low dosage pesticides that pose minimal risk to humans. There are a few precautions to take to ensure no families are poisoned in their home. First, give your home a few hours for the spray to dry and your home to air out. Make sure all poison pellets are left out of reach of pets and small children. Most importantly, if your pest control professional gives you instructions, it is extremely important that you follow each step. These instructions are given for your safety.

 

You might also like More from author

Comments are closed.